Pixley Forensics Group is a computer forensics consulting practice that specializes in providing the following types of services:
- Expert witness testimony
- Digital evidence analysis and data recovery
- On-site and remote forensic data collection
- Third-party neutral to handle forensic tasks involving two or more parties
- Formal training
We provide computer forensics services to attorneys, corporations, small businesses, government agencies, and private investigators. Our examiners have experience in testifying in state and federal courts and hold professional certifications specific to the field of computer forensics and investigations.
We have experience in the following types of cases:
- Intellectual property and trade secret misappropriation
- Internal corporation investigations
- Human Resource investigations
- Spoliation and tampered evidence
- Internet crime
- Fraud and white collar crime investigations
- Network intrusion
Why select our services?
With the Pixley Forensics Group, your information is in experienced and trusted hands. The Pixley Forensics Group will provide the industry's most complete forensic analysis, litigation support, and consulting services available.
The Pixley Forensics Group has years of experience in not only providing services to the legal and corporate communities, but providing professional training to law enforcement and corporate forensic specialists. Our experience helps us quickly triage and pinpoint critical evidence. Our objective analysis and consulting services is why returning clients continue to use our professional services. Ask for references and you will hear them for yourself.
We do more than just simple data recovery. We objectively analyze the digital evidence and interpret the results. We then provide our clients with a good understanding of the findings so they can make informed decisions.
Performing forensic analysis on terabytes of information can be time-consuming and not cost effective. Our years of experience and triage techniques help to quickly target potentially relevant data.
As expert witnesses, our opinions are not based on wild guesses, they are based on objective findings and we will provide the facts to support those opinions.
Our investigations follow a 4-step process that will take a case from the initial stages through courtroom testimony.
We take the time to learn the details of the case which ultimately helps to narrow the focus and speed of our investigation.
Based on our years of handling forensic investigations, we know how to quickly triage evidence so we do not waste countless and unproductive hours of time.
We have an unmatched background in the analysis and recovery of digital evidence.
We present our technical findings in a detailed, readable format and provide expert witness testimony.
Bruce W. PixleyCISSP, GCFA, EnCE
"Your digital information is in trusted experienced hands."The company was founded by Bruce Pixley, who has more than 25 years of combined experience in computer forensic analysis, high-tech investigations, and law enforcement. Bruce is a retired lieutenant in the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department and was responsible for the creation and implementation of the county’s first High Tech Crime Unit and computer forensics lab in 1999.
Since 2001, Bruce has served as a lead instructor of computer forensics, Internet investigations, and network intrusion courses for the California Department of Justice’s Advanced Training Center. Additionally, he has been employed as a Master Instructor at Guidance Software, which developed the EnCase computer forensic software. As an instructor, he has taught for over 2,000 hours on the subjects of computer forensics and high-tech investigations. Additionally, he developed course training materials and wrote manuals for computer forensic courses such as Advanced Internet Examinations and Network Intrusion Investigations.
Since 2003, Bruce has been retained as a computer forensic examiner and subject matter expert in both criminal and civil matters. He has have been qualified as an expert witness in both state and federal courts and testified about the foundation of computer forensics, Windows and Mac operating systems, chat software, Internet and network operations, e-mail, peer-to-peer file sharing, digital photography, recovery of deleted data, and Trojan viruses.
Bruce Pixley is authoring a new book, which is intended to be the student manual in a formal law enforcement report writing class.
Summary of Professional Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst (2014 - 2018)
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- AccessData Certified Examiner
- Certified ProDiscover Examiner
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- SANS Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
- SANS Hacker Techniques & Incident Handling
- Blackbag Macintosh Forensics Courses
- AccessData Computer Forensics Courses
- HTCIA Annual Training Conferences
- CA Department of Justice Training Courses
- International High Technology Crime Investigation Association; founding president of the Central California Chapter
- International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists